Friday, August 27, 2010

Poem-Orphans Through the Ages

ORPHANS THROUGH THE AGES
My school organised a project
On which I decided to shoot an act
The teacher came to the class
And announced, tomorrow
We are all going out
Our trip was scheduled
To an orphanage
Which I never imagined
Would be like a cage!
I packed a few clothes
In a pretty little bag
And set off in the school van
My classmates and teacher
Accompanied me
We were all full of mirth and glee
We were unaware
Of what would meet our eyes
And what ahead of us lies.
As the journey ended with a sigh
In front of us we saw
An orphanage building high
We smiled at the children we saw
It was lovely to sit beside them
As we were full of awe
What a sight they stole
The whole scene altered my soul!
With love and affection
We handed them the fare
They accepted it with love and care
Some children had coloured skin
Some were tall, some were thin
Some acted silly and some acted sad
Some acted grumpy while others glad!
They had smile on their lips
But their eyes held
A sorrowful look
For they had none to call
Mom and Dad
They were feeling mournful and sad
This sight left me appalled
I decided to help them all!
They don’t need
Our pity and sympathy
We need to be friendly
And have empathy
Now I visit them often
This big family is full of fun
The glitter and spark
That I see in their eyes
Does not fade
When I bid them goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment