Friday, August 27, 2010

Poem-The Nature's Call

THE NATURE’S CALL

The gleaming glittering rays of the sun

And the cool whelming wind,

Once reached me

On a cloudy morning,

I had a thought just then in mind,

As I gazed at the tall green trees;

I sat starting in the balcony,

As the lovely raindrops

Poured over me.

The yellow rays fell over the drops

And then I saw

A seven-coloured belt in the sky.

Tears rolled over my cheeks,

As I realized my folly.

All my selfish deeds came before me,

And I felt sad, very sad.

God had gifted me nature,

With its different colours and shapes,

And how had I been so cruel,

With Mother Earth dear?

I never thought about the pain

Which we gave her for our gain.

Now it’s her time for revenge,

She may cause something in future.

For the trouble of pollution

We gave her.

Now she may take our lives,

She may make us all suffer.

Something deadly may happen

A great calamity can occur.

So come, let us repay her

For our misdeeds,

Let us try to save our land.

Come, let us ban the plastics,

Let us plant more trees,

Let us not waste time,

Let us start from today,

Let us start right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment