Friday, August 27, 2010

Poem-Hope

HOPE

A broken winged bird unable to fly.

Gorvelling in the dust

Trying to reach high.

But failing despite so many tries.

Fluttering, uttering silent cries

Is nobody there for my rescue?

To paint my life with glorious hues

Oh, when will I taste sweet freedom again,

Will I always be bonded in deep pain?

Just how much will you torment me?

Shall I ever be woebegone, never free!

Many a tear have I shed all this long

So often have I sung melancholy songs.

I am weary of this world, this life

Left is nothing but sorrow and strife

Fears and frustations beset my way

No good, kind words does anyone say,

I do not expect

An act of humanity

From any in this world of

Treason and felony,

Though dejected, I am not yet broken,

Deep down, a quiet feeling is lurking,

That some day all is going to be fine,

There will again be a wonderful time.

My faith in God is unfathomable.

And like the heroine of

Some bedtime fable,

I will be the princess one day.

And with the elves

On a flying horse,

To the Heaven I will ride away.

No comments:

Post a Comment