Friday, August 27, 2010

Poem-Oh! God, Why?

OH! GOD WHY?

Wherever I see, whenever I see,

I see children working hard

Here, there and everywhere,

I didn’t know why they work so hard.

They work all day and work all night.

So I asked a child working there,

And he answered in a gentle voice,

“My dear friend, you are so lucky

You don’t have to work so hard”.

“Your parents fulfil all your wishes,

But nobody cares for our wishes,

They make fun of our wishes

And think we smell like stale fishes”.

“You go to school,

And get new books,

You study to fulfil your dreams.

But what about us?

We want to study

And go to school, too

But do not have the money to do so”.

I was sad to hear this.

These things made me mad.

I used to think school is boring.

But didn’t think that some children

Actually want to go to school.

When I returned,

I prayed to God,

To stop children from working hard

I asked God to fulfil their dreams.

Can you help me to pray

To fulfil those wishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment